How good are you at having tough conversations?
- Do you tell your friend when they’ve crossed the line?
- Do you tell your mother when she asks more of you than you can give?
- Do you tell your boyfriend when he doing the one thing you asked him not to do?
- Do you tell your manager when the deadline cannot be met even if you don’t sleep for the next 4 weeks?
- Do you tell your employee when their constant lateness affects office productivity?
- Do you tell your client that they are important to your business but not so important that you will sell your soul?
Are you prepared to have the tough, uncomfortable, sticky conversations? The difficult ones that make your palms sweat, your stomach ache, and your head hurt?
And do you realize those are the tough conversations that make the next set of conversations easier?